Updated: Feb 28, 2022
The craft beer movement has swept the nation and craft breweries provide a rich selection of beers to choose from. But craft beer isn’t just about taste, it’s also about the health benefits that come with drinking it, and there's good news for beer lovers: A happy hour may actually do you some good! Here are the top seven reasons that drinking craft beer in moderation can be good for you:
1. Beer is a source of fiber. Most craft beers contain about 1 gram of fiber per serving, which is about 4% of the recommended daily intake. Fiber is important for digestion and can help reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic conditions like obesity and type.
2. Craft beer is a rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your cells against the effects of free radicals, which are molecules produced when you’re exposed to environmental toxins like cigarette smoke and car exhaust. Antioxidant-rich craft beer can help prevent cancer by reducing oxidative stress in cells that lead to tumor growth.
3. Beer contains essential vitamins and minerals that are important for bone health. Bone density starts to decline in our 30s, so it’s important to make sure we’re getting enough silicon in our diets. craft beer also contains B vitamins which are important for metabolism and help form red blood cells that carry vital oxygen to your organs. B vitamins also help convert food into energy, which prevents fatigue and helps prevent chronic conditions like diabetes and obesity.
4. Craft beer reduces the risk of heart disease and kidney stones, craft beer has been found to reduce inflammation in the lining of blood vessels, which is a major cause of poor circulation that can lead to heart attacks and strokes. craft beer drinkers have also been shown to have lower rates of kidney stones, likely because of the high-water content in most craft beers.
5. Beer can help you lose weight. A moderate intake of beer (no more than one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men) has been found to be associated with a lower body mass index (BMI) than those who don’t drink beer. Craft beer’s low carbohydrate content can help you feel full for longer, which may contribute to weight loss.
6. Beer is a natural sleep aid. In moderation, craft beer can actually be a useful tool in helping get better rest at night. The hops used in most craft beers have been shown to contain xanthohumol, a compound that helps promote better sleep.
7. Beer is hydrating. Standard 12-ounce craft beer contains about 150 mg of sodium, which is less than what you’d find in a sports drink like Gatorade. Beer also contains high levels of potassium, magnesium, and B vitamins, all of which are essential for hydration.
So the next time you’re looking for a good craft beer to drink, be sure to choose one that will also provide some health benefits. Cheers!
Follow us @ https://www.instagram.com/craftbrewvegas/